Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, you tiao / chinese donut / cakwe [vegan-friendly]. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly] is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly] is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook you tiao / chinese donut / cakwe [vegan-friendly] using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly]:
- Get 260 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- Prepare 10 g (2 tsp) baking powder
- Make ready 1.25 g (1/4 tsp) baking soda
- Make ready 3 g (1/2 tsp) salt
- Make ready 8 g (2 tsp) granulated white sugar
- Make ready 10 ml (2 tsp) flavorless vegetable oil/cooking oil
- Take 150 ml (1/2 cup) + 2 tbsp) water
Steps to make You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly]:
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then make a well in the center.
- Add oil and water into the center. Using a wooden spoon or chopstick, stir everything to combine thoroughly.
- Once the liquid is absorbed, start kneading with your hand for about 1 minute. The dough will be a little dry, but it should form a ball.
- Leave the dough in the bowl and cover it with a plastic wrap or damp cloth. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough for another 5 minutes. Then coat the ball of dough with cooking oil so it does not dry out. Cover again and let sit at room temperature for 4 hours or in the fridge overnight.
- If you stored it overnight, leave it out on the counter for 1-2 hours until it gets to room temperature. Then transfer it onto a lightly floured surface.
- Flour your hands and the dough if it feels sticky. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Then roll each to a long log.
- With a rolling pin, flatten each log into a rectangle of about ¼-inch thick.
- With a knife or bench scraper, cut them into ¾-inch wide strips.
- Preheat enough cooking oil in a pot or deep skillet to 400°F or 200°C.
- Place one identical dough strip over another. Lightly flour them if sticky. Then use a wooden skewer or thin chopstick to press down the middle lengthwise. With one good press, it should be to make an indentation on both sides of the dough.
- When the oil is ready, gently pull the two ends of each piece to stretch it to about 4 times its original length. Place in the oil and start turning it around with tongs or a chopstick after 3 seconds. This constant turning will allow the dough to puff easily and evenly. Fry until it is golden brown.
- Repeat with the rest and remember to cover any uncooked dough with a damp cloth or plastic wrap so it does not dry out.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food you tiao / chinese donut / cakwe [vegan-friendly] recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!