Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, sloppy joes. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sloppy Joes is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Sloppy Joes is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sloppy joes using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sloppy Joes:
- Get 2 T. Vegetable Oil
- Take 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- Get 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Make ready salt
- Take 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Make ready 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- Make ready 1 cup tomato puree
- Prepare 1/2 cup ketchup
- Take 1/4 cup water
- Prepare 1 tsp. brown sugar
- Make ready hot sauce
- Make ready hamburger buns, or pretzel buns
- Prepare Bread and butter pickles
Steps to make Sloppy Joes:
- Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion, chili powder and 1/2 tsp. salt and cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until almost cooked through but still slightly pink, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato puree, ketchup, water, brown sugar and 1/2 tsp. hot sauce. Simmer until the sauce is slightly thicker than the ketchup, about 8-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and hot sauce to taste. Spoon mixture over hamburger buns and serve. Good if served with a pickle.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food sloppy joes recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!