Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, simple stovetop chili. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Simple Stovetop Chili is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Simple Stovetop Chili is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have simple stovetop chili using 26 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Stovetop Chili:
- Get 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Make ready 1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
- Make ready 1/2 onion, diced
- Get 1 bell pepper, diced
- Prepare 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced (optional)
- Get 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Make ready 2 cans (8 oz.) unsalted tomato sauce
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- Make ready 2 cans (16 oz.) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Prepare 1/2 cup unsalted chicken broth or water
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- Take 2 tsp. brown sugar
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
- Get 1 tsp. cumin
- Get 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Get 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. salt (or more, to taste)
- Get 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Take 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Get Suggested Toppings:
- Prepare ·sour cream
- Make ready ·shredded cheddar cheese
- Make ready ·oyster crackers
- Prepare ·sliced avocado
- Prepare ·sriracha
Steps to make Simple Stovetop Chili:
- In a large pot or skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two more, until fragrant. Then add the ground beef. Cook until it is browned throughout, breaking it up as you go. Drain out the grease, if needed.
- Increase the heat to med-high. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, broth, brown sugar, Worcestershire and seasonings. Stir to combine. Once it reaches a boil, cover with the lid and reduce the heat to med-low. Let simmer for at least 15 minutes, but longer if you can (it'll taste better the longer you let it simmer).
- Serve immediately, topped with whatever toppings you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- To make this recipe in the slow cooker, brown the meat first, then place everything except the broth into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food simple stovetop chili recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!