Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, jalapeño popper corncake skillet. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Jalapeño Popper Corncake Skillet is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Jalapeño Popper Corncake Skillet is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have jalapeño popper corncake skillet using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jalapeño Popper Corncake Skillet:
- Prepare 1 Cup Cornmeal
- Get 1 Cup Flour
- Take 1 Pk. Cream Cheese
- Prepare 6 Oz. Pepper Jack Cheese
- Prepare 4 Jalapeño Peppers
- Prepare 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Get 3/4 Cup Milk
- Make ready 4 Slices Bacon
- Take 2 Eggs
- Prepare 1 1/2 Sticks Butter
- Make ready 2 Tbs Honey
- Make ready 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- Prepare 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- Take Pinch Salt
Steps to make Jalapeño Popper Corncake Skillet:
- Preheat oven to 400 F with cast-iron skillet inside. Assemble ingredients and immediately begin cooking bacon. Chop peppers and grate cheese in the meantime.
- When bacon is done, move to wire rack to drain. Do not drain directly on paper towels or else you will end up with soggy bacon. When bacon has cooled, chop finely. Reserve bacon grease and glass container and allow add to come to room temperature.
- Put all dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk by hand. In a mixer, add all wet ingredients except for milk and blend (1 stick butter, cream cheese and cooled bacon grease included). Add in cheese and blend. Add in 75% of the jalapeños and blend. Add bacon and blend. Lastly, incorporate the dry ingredients from the bowl and blend. Once dry ingredients have been incorporated, slowly begin adding the milk. You may need most of it or you may need all of it.
- Remove cast iron skillet from oven. Using a silicone brush, brush pan entirely with some of remaining butter. Pour in batter and give a few vigorous shakes. Don’t forget to utilize your oven mitts. Top with remaining jalapeño peppers. Bake for roughly 25 minutes. 1. Remove from oven and check with toothpick for doneness. If done, slice remaining butter and add to the top. Place an oven for two more minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- If your cast iron skillet is well seasoned, there should be no problem getting the corn cake out of it. Enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food jalapeño popper corncake skillet recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!