Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, gujarati cuisine undhiyu. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Gujarati cuisine Undhiyu is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Gujarati cuisine Undhiyu is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have gujarati cuisine undhiyu using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Gujarati cuisine Undhiyu:
- Make ready Beans - 200gms Small brinjal - 5(100gms) Small potato - 8(250g
- Get Raw banana - 1(150gms) Sweet potato - 1(150gms) Yam - 100gms
- Prepare Garam masala-1/2 tsp Powdered sugar-1/2 tsp Sesame seeds-2tsp
- Prepare Cashews - 2 tbsp Ginger(grated) - 2/3tsp Green chilly -2
- Take Coriander(fine chopped) - 1 cup Lemon - 1
- Get For muthiya
- Get Wheat flour - 1 cup Salt - as per taste
- Make ready Sugar 1tbsp(optional)
- Prepare Coriander powder - 1/2tsp Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Get Turmeric powder - less than 1/4 tsp Methi (Fenugreek) - 1/2 cup
- Prepare Oil to fry
Instructions to make Gujarati cuisine Undhiyu:
- First step is to make muthiya.
- Mix all the spices as (mentioned above in muthiya)and wheat flour and pour 3 tsp oil to it. With the help of little water knead a dough of this mixture which should be harder than the dough prepared for puri. Cover the dough and leave it aside for 10 minutes.
- Make small pieces from the dough made for Muthiya and roll them into 10-11 rolls of 2 inches in length. Pour oil in a pan and heat. Put the Muthiya into hot oil and fry. When these turn brown and crispy take out from pan. Muthiyas are ready.
- Peel yam, sweet potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch long pieces. Fry the pieces till they are soft and crispy then take them out of pan.
- Grind roasted sesame seeds, peanuts and cashew nuts into a coarse powder. Grate ginger, chop green chillies and coriander(keep some of the chopped coriander aside) then mix all of these in a plate. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Dhania (powdered coriander), dried mango powder, garam masala, lemon juice(as per taste) and mix well. The spices required for Undhiyu are now ready.
- Cut banana into 1/2 cm round pieces without peeling the banana. Remove the edges from the beans. Cut them into 1 inch long pieces and split them into halves. Cut the brinjal's cap and make 2 long cuts in such a way that it is not separated from the base. Peel potatoes and make 2 cuts in a way that it is joined on one side.
- Fill potatoes and brinjals well with the spices and mix the remaining spices with the already cut banana, yam, sweet potatoes and beans.
- Pour 4 tbsp oil into the cooker and heat. Add Heeng, Ajwain and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder. On roasting ajwain add beans, pieces of banana, less than 1 cup water, vegetables filled with spices and vegetables mixed with spices also into the cooker. Close the lid and allow Undhiyu to get cooked on a low flame for 15 minutes. Don't let much pressure to be created in the cooker and let the vegetables cook slowly from the steam.
- Turn off the gas. Let the pressure escape from the cooker. Then, open the lid and add the fried yam, sweet potatoes and Muthiya without stirring the vegetables. Close the lid and cook vegetables for another 5 minutes. Open the lid and garnish it with coriander leaves. Undhiyu is prepared. Pour steaming hot Undhiyu into bowls and serve with hot puri, parantha or chapati.
- Tip.- if you want to make quick version of undhiyu then skip filling veggies with masala.Now you can pour all the masala in heated oil with ajwain & hing and throw all the chopped veggies together in cooker while making. Follow other steps as same.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food gujarati cuisine undhiyu recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!