Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, baked mussels. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Baked Mussels is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Baked Mussels is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook baked mussels using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Mussels:
- Prepare 1 lb mussels
- Make ready 3 tbsp water
- Make ready 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Make ready 2 tbsp. grated parmesan
- Take 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Take 1 clove garlic
- Get 1 pinch dry oregano
- Get 2 tbsp. olive oil
Instructions to make Baked Mussels:
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Prepare a baking dish with slightly scrunched foil in it (to help the mussels be able to sit level).
- Scrub the mussels, removing any dirt and hairy bit, clean and discard any that are broken.
- Put the mussels in a pot with the water, cover and put on a medium-high heat for a couple minutes until they open up. Remove form the heat.
- Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley, garlic, oregano and olive oil in a small bowl.
- When the mussels have steamed, remove one side of the shell and use it to loosen the mussel from the shell, if still attached. Sit the mussel on one side of the shell and set it level on the foil in baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the mussels.
- Spoon/press some of the breadcrumb mixture on top of each mussel, trying to cover the mussel itself as far as possible. If you like, put a little of the mussel cooking juice in the bottom of the shell to help keep the mussel moist.
- Bake the mussels for approx 7-10 minutes until gently golden on top. Serve warm or room temp (don't re-heat them as they will likely go dry and/or tough).
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food baked mussels recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!