Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, mahogany cake. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mahogany Cake is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Mahogany Cake is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mahogany cake using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mahogany Cake:
- Take 2 cups flour
- Make ready 1 tsp. baking soda
- Take 1 tsp. salt
- Prepare 1/2 cup butter
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Make ready 3 eggs
- Prepare 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- Take 1 cup strong black coffee, divided
- Take 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Take 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Make ready 9 Frosting: See in STEPS
Steps to make Mahogany Cake:
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating each egg before adding another.
- Heat chocolate and 1/2 cup of coffee together until chocolate is completely dissolved.
- Beat chocolate-coffee mixture into butter-sugar mixture.
- Sift flour, soda, salt together.
- Stir in a little of the flour mixture, alternating with the divided 1/2 cup of coffee until all used up.
- Add vinegar and vanilla and beat well.
- Divide into three 9” pans.
- Then, bake at 325F for 25-30 minutes.
- Frosting: * With 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, add 1 tablespoon of strong coffee, 1 tablespoon of cocoa, and 2 tsp. sugar. - * When thoroughly chilled, add 2/3 cups of heavy whipping cream and whip. - * Spread between layers and top of cake.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food mahogany cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!